LinkedIn is a network with 65 million business professionals around the world. Currently, one person creates a page every second and nearly 50% of LinkedIn members have decision-making authority in their companies.
With that in mind, it’s easy to see why LinkedIn is considered the world’s largest audience of influential, professionals in one place. Like other social media sites, marketing a small or home business on LinkedIn is relatively inexpensive and provides a lot of bang for the buck. Here are some of the things Linked In can do for your business:
- Search Engine Reputation Management (SERM) – Google gives LinkedIn company and personal profiles high authority and generally ranks them for queries that include a company name, brand or employee’s name.
- Increase your brand’s visibility – By your employees and executives adding connections, answering questions and participating in group discussions, your company’s brand will be much more visible and your employees may be considered go-to professionals in your industry.
- Lead Generation – By actively participating in the LinkedIn community you will have the opportunity to offer up your content with the purpose of helping people solve their problems.
- Decision Maker Lead Tracking – Once you’ve generated leads and connected with decision makers on LinkedIn, they may move to another company. As these contacts change jobs or switch careers, you’ll be able to track where they go and reach out to them at their new company, generating yet another lead.
- Targeted Ads – LinkedIn will allow you to place text ads in front of the individuals whom you’d consider to be the most qualified prospects – i.e. CEOs, CFOs, Human Resource Executives, etc. You can target them even more by choosing specific industries.
- Product Feature – In addition to profiles, companies can now list their products and services with links back to their websites and YouTube videos. Also, companies can have existing clients review their products and/or services on LinkedIn.
Now that you are filled in on how Linked In can help, get on and start you linking away!